Radon measurement in dwellings in the UK are normally carried out with two detectors (in the (main) bedroom and one in the living room).
This is included in addition to the detectors:
- Freight from our laboratory
- Clear measurement instructions which show where the detectors should be located
- Login details so that you can specify start and stop time for your measurement on our website where you will also find the analysis result to study.
- Analysis and measurement report from our accredited laboratory
- Measurement which complies with UK standards
- Telephone support if you require help
Rapidos® detectors are normally supplied in pairs however be certain to order an additional Rapidos® detector for any rooms where you spend a lot of time e.g. in the children’s bedrooms.
Place the Rapidos® detectors according to the simple instructions that accompany the package. At the same time, log in to www.radonova.co.uk and go to My Pages. Enter your details, start date and where you have located your detectors. Alternatively you may send us this information on paper but be sure to include it in the return envelope supplied.
Please leave the Rapidos® detectors in the same place for up to 10 days before you return the detectors to our laboratory. On the same day, you log back in to your account in My Pages and enter when you finished the measurement. We use the start and finish dates to accurately measure the radon level. Alternatively request a paper report from us.
When we receive the exposed Rapidos® detectors from you we analyse them straight away putting the results as an online report into your account which you can then print as a hard copy as part of your buying or selling process.
Where radon is detected perform a longer term more accurate assessment using Radtrak²® detectors, over a three month period, to confirm initial findings.
Do you have any questions about our short-term radon test for houses?
You can always contact us directly by e-mail or phone.